Recipe by The Amaze-Ing Me
Just made this one up today when the little guy had refused veggies all day (again). This is super simple and can be served cold or warm...up to you (or the toddler). Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 of a cooked sweet potato, mashed (3 minutes, poked, in the microwave)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pumpkin spice (whatever floats his or her boat (just to taste) or 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla (whatever floats his or her boat (just to taste) or 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (whatever floats his or her boat (just to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put applesauce in an attractive toddler friendly container---mine likes little custard cups.
- Turn so the child can't see what you're doing and quickly mix-in the remaining ingredients. Serve or warm up in microwave first.
- ***make as much or as little of this as you see fit -- may want to make more just in case the toddler starts scarfing it down ;).