Recipe by JennyMidget
Found on another recipe site, storing here for easy access as it's a family staple! Our toddler doesn't care for pumpkin mash or pieces but loves this creamy (but no cream involved) pasta, as do his parents!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Made as recipe, other than that I used fresh pumpkin which I steamed and mashed, and then continued as directed. I enjoyed this, simple recipe which could be used as a side or easily added to, I was happy to have it as a main with some vegetables.<br/>Thank you Jenny, lovely recipe made for PRMR tag game.
- 6 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil.
- Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Heat the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, milk, margarine, onion powder, black pepper, salt, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger in a large skillet over low heat until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the drained pasta, and toss with the Parmesan cheese. Serve ASAP!