Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on another recipe site, storing here for easy access as it's a family staple! Our toddler doesn't care for pumpkin mash or pieces but loves this creamy (but no cream involved) pasta, as do his parents!
- 6 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil.
- Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Heat the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, milk, margarine, onion powder, black pepper, salt, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger in a large skillet over low heat until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the drained pasta, and toss with the Parmesan cheese. Serve ASAP!
Made as recipe, other than that I used fresh pumpkin which I steamed and mashed, and then continued as directed. I enjoyed this, simple recipe which could be used as a side or easily added to, I was happy to have it as a main with some vegetables.<br/>Thank you Jenny, lovely recipe made for PRMR tag game.