Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was stolen directly from the good people at wholesomebabyfood. We always need more yummy toddler finger foods!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 whole eggs or 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pureed carrot
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup unprocessed natural wheat or 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Place ground turkey in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg/yolk, carrots, applesauce, spices, bread crumbs and bran.
- Mix well - If this mixture appears too dry, add more carrots or applesauce. If this mixture appears too wet, add more bran and/or bread crumbs.
- Place mix into a lightly oiled (olive oil) loaf pan and bake at 350F for approximately 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. **You may wish to cover with foil to prevent the top from burning
- When finished baking and cooled, remove loaf from pan and slice as you would for bread. Break into small bits for finger feeding or mash or chop gently.
- This recipe may also be made into "Turkey Sticks" for Toddlers and older babies who are able to handle more textured/chunky finger foods.