Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tonight was salad night in our house. Of course, with a 20-month old, that makes it tough to have the whole family involved. On a whim, I decided to let my daughter try the salad I was eating. She LOVED it! So, I gave her a couple tablespoons of mine. She scarfed that down and wanted more. Off to the kitchen I went to make her own salad for her. Now, my daughter is a picky eater, believe it or not. Since I started making recipes from this website, she's gotten quite adventurous, I must say. Anyway, she ate half of this recipe tonight in addition to the tastes she had from my salad. I'm still in shock. :D I hope your toddler likes this one as much as mine does.
- 5 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄4 roma tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1 ounce cooked chicken breast, chopped
- light raspberry walnut salad dressing (I use Newman's Lite variety)
- Throw all ingredients except the dressing on your cutting board and finely mince until all ingredients thoroughly mix and become sort of mushy and pasty.
- Drizzle enough dressing on the minced salad to give it a nice sweetness. Don't overdo it.
- Plate it and serve. YUM!
Great idea!! I'm going to try it on my picky 28 month old soon :) Thanks!!