Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My children want to eat barbecue with the grownups, but find the sauces too spicy. I use this as a dipping (mop) sauce for them with little sausages or cooked chicken strips to give them a child-friendly BBQ. It is originally a sauce for meatballs, but the kids think it is versatile for other things. Obviously, this is also a sauce that works with meatballs or little sausages in a crockpot for party appetizers.
- 1⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 1⁄4 cup catsup or 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over low heat while stirring until the jelly melts.
- IMPORTANT! Allow this to cool before serving to kids. It is hot and sticky.
- This can easily be scaled up (or down) for larger (or smaller) quantities. Just keep the proportions about equal.
I made this up for my DH as a quick sauce for his hamburger. Well, he loved it! He said,"This is really different! I like it! 5 stars!" He doesn't like stuff too spicy, so this was perfect for him. Thank you!