Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Cheat your way to better health with Top Secret Recipe host Todd Wilbur’s reduced-fat, sugar-free version of Domino’s pizza sauce.
- 118.29 ml canned crushed tomatoes
- 354.88 ml reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (fancy shred)
- 236.59 ml tomato puree
- 1.23 ml salt, plus
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml ground oregano
- 0.59 ml dried basil
- 0.59 ml dried marjoram
- 0.25 ml ground cayenne pepper
- Make the sauce by combining the crushed tomatoes with tomato purée. Combine tomato sauce with other sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool, then chill in a covered container until you make your pizza.
I don't patronize Domino's, so I can't compare this to the real thing, but I will say this is great sauce. I had never heard of putting the cheese in the sauce, but it is a nice touch. Great flavor in this sauce. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
I loved it. I changed it a little. Instead of cheese, I put a little butter and it was great. Anyways one thing is wrong, DO NOT HEAT IT FOR 30 MINUTES OR IT WILL BURN TO ASHES, JUST HEAT IT FOR 3 MINUTES WHEN CONVERED.