Recipe by brightsideoflife
Cheat your way to better health with Top Secret Recipe host Todd Wilbur’s reduced-fat, sugar-free version of Domino’s pizza sauce.
Top Review by Outta Here
I don't patronize Domino's, so I can't compare this to the real thing, but I will say this is great sauce. I had never heard of putting the cheese in the sauce, but it is a nice touch. Great flavor in this sauce. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (fancy shred)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the sauce by combining the crushed tomatoes with tomato purée. Combine tomato sauce with other sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool, then chill in a covered container until you make your pizza.