Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From Mom's Money Saving Cookbook, Glendale Federal Savings and Loan Association. I love the horseradish and mustard in this meatloaf with the yummy ketchup taste! This makes great sandwiches for the next day.
Top Review by Darcie Kelly
This is very tasty, but is too salty. I added more onions in place of the peppers, since I we don't eat those... and I used 4 slices of bread, crumbled it, and baked it in the oven to make the two cups of fresh breadcrumbs. I added a little bit of the traditional dry stuff you buy at the store, just to top it off! If you cut back on the salt a little bit, it will be perfect! It was very moist, and rather easy to make. Thank you!
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced green pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup (to mix in loaf)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (for top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slightly beat eggs.
- Lightly mix in chuck, crumbs, onions and pepper.
- Add horseradish, salt, mustard, milk and 1/4 c ketchup.
- Stir lightly but thoroughly.
- Place shaped meatloaf on shallow baking dish.
- Spread over top 1/2 c ketchup.
- Bake 50 minutes at 400.
- Spoon some hot juice over meat loaf when serving.