Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Slow cookers allow you to assemble a recipe with very little prep time. Best of all, the cooker does all of the work for you, with the ingredients simmering together for hours helping to bring out the best flavors.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken (2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split & 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs)
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (white kidney)
- 10 ounces smoked turkey sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (roasted & peeled)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground coriander
- cornstarch (optional)
- pickled jalapeno pepper
- sour cream
- chipotle cheddar cheese, shredded
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- roasted red pepper, diced
- Tabasco sauce
- green onion, chopped
- turkey sausage, diced
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, coriander, cumin and oregano. Saute until translucent and fragrant, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add red peppers and sauté for 2 more minutes. Empty contents of skillet into slow cooker.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet (working in batches if necessary) and cook until it is no longer pink on the outside, approximately 5-7 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add wine, chicken stock, green chiles, beans and white pepper to slow cooker and turn on to low. Cook for 6-7 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with a fork. Return to slow cooker.
- Add cream, salt, and turkey sausage, turn cooking setting to high and remove lid or simple leave lid slightly ajar to let moisture escape. Cook until sauce is thickened, approximately 30-45 minutes.
- If a thicker chili is desired: Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water or stock for each cap of liquid. Add to slow cooker and mix. Allow sauce to thicken before serving.
- Serve in bread bowl and top with favorite garnishes.
- For a hearty all in one meal, serve in a warm bread bowl.
- If you like your chili extra spicy, add ½ a diced jalapeno and sauté with onions before adding to slow cooker.
Oh my gosh....just the best white chili I've tried. I served it in bread bowls and there wasn't a drop or crumb left! The only tweaking I did was use fat-free half and half rather than the cream and omitted the coriander because I didn't have it. Yummmmy!
This is a great chili. I did this on the stove top and let it simmer. I didn't have cream so used 2 % milk and didn't thicken it. Have a little leftover for lunch. Was good.
Unbelievably delicious!!! The only thing I changed was to put the beans in at the last 45 min (same time and cream, etc.) so they were not so soft. The bread bowls are a great idea also. We don't even make red chili anymore after tasting this!