6 hrs 15 mins
Karen in MA's Note:
Slow cookers allow you to assemble a recipe with very little prep time. Best of all, the cooker does all of the work for you, with the ingredients simmering together for hours helping to bring out the best flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken (2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split & 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs)
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (white kidney)
- 10 ounces smoked turkey sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (roasted & peeled)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- cornstarch (optional)
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions, garlic, coriander, cumin and oregano. Saute until translucent and fragrant, approximately 5 minutes.
- 3Add red peppers and sauté for 2 more minutes. Empty contents of skillet into slow cooker.
- 4Heat one tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add chicken to skillet (working in batches if necessary) and cook until it is no longer pink on the outside, approximately 5-7 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 6Add wine, chicken stock, green chiles, beans and white pepper to slow cooker and turn on to low. Cook for 6-7 hours.
- 7Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with a fork. Return to slow cooker.
- 8Add cream, salt, and turkey sausage, turn cooking setting to high and remove lid or simple leave lid slightly ajar to let moisture escape. Cook until sauce is thickened, approximately 30-45 minutes.
- 9If a thicker chili is desired: Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water or stock for each cap of liquid. Add to slow cooker and mix. Allow sauce to thicken before serving.
- 10Serve in bread bowl and top with favorite garnishes.
- 12For a hearty all in one meal, serve in a warm bread bowl.
- 13If you like your chili extra spicy, add ½ a diced jalapeno and sauté with onions before adding to slow cooker.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Today Show White Bean Chili (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.1
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 173.3 mg
- Sodium 2785.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 68.0 g