Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great Thai flavours, that are sure to impress!
- 450 g firm white fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons rice flour or 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 3 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped red chile (optional)
- 100 g green beans, very finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oil, for frying
- Process the fish in processor til smooth.
- Add rice flour, fish sauce, beaten egg, corriander, curry paste and chillis.
- Process til combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add spring onions and beans and mix together.
- Use wet hands to form 2 tablespoons of mix at a time into flattish patties.
- Heat oil in frying pan (skillet).
- Cook 4 fish cakes at a time until brown on both sides, drain on paper towels, and serve with dipping sauce. Or go to Asian Dipping sauces that I am going to post, sorry I don't have the # yet) for serving.
- DIPPING SAUCE:.
- In small bowl dissolve 1 teaspoon of sugar in 1/3 cup fish sauce. Sir constantly. Add 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 small seeded and very finely chopped red chillis.
- Finely grate 1/2 small carrot, and a peeled radish, stir into sauce just before serving.
This was really easy to make, I think it needed some sugar in the recipe to balance out the fish sauce and some kaffir lime leaf added would be great. Definetly necessary to eat with a sweet dipping sauce or a sweet chilli sauce, Thanx