Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great Thai flavours, that are sure to impress!
Make and share this Tod Man Pla (Thai Fish Cakes) With Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 450 g firm white fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons rice flour or 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 3 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped red chile (optional)
- 100 g green beans, very finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oil, for frying
- Process the fish in processor til smooth.
- Add rice flour, fish sauce, beaten egg, corriander, curry paste and chillis.
- Process til combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add spring onions and beans and mix together.
- Use wet hands to form 2 tablespoons of mix at a time into flattish patties.
- Heat oil in frying pan (skillet).
- Cook 4 fish cakes at a time until brown on both sides, drain on paper towels, and serve with dipping sauce. Or go to Asian Dipping sauces that I am going to post, sorry I don't have the # yet) for serving.
- DIPPING SAUCE:.
- In small bowl dissolve 1 teaspoon of sugar in 1/3 cup fish sauce. Sir constantly. Add 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 small seeded and very finely chopped red chillis.
- Finely grate 1/2 small carrot, and a peeled radish, stir into sauce just before serving.
This was really easy to make, I think it needed some sugar in the recipe to balance out the fish sauce and some kaffir lime leaf added would be great. Definetly necessary to eat with a sweet dipping sauce or a sweet chilli sauce, Thanx