Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
If you are watching your cholesterol, this recipe may is not for you. It's good to indulge on this occasionally.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sugar and water until syrup forms small ball when dropped in water.
- Beat egg yolks, add the syrup after cooling it then blend well and strain.
- Line a pan or small molds with thick caramel syrup.
- Fill ¾ full with mixture and steam until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before unmolding.
- NOTE: Tocino Del Cielo is often baked in small individual molds and placed in small soufflé cups for serving.