Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
What a fantastic cheesecake!! I love chessescake and I must say this is one of my favorites - Enjoy!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (250 g) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 Toblerone chocolate bar, coarsely chopped (100g)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each one until just blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Spread caramel topping over cheesecake just before serving. Garnish with chopped chocolate.
This is completely amazing. The texture and flavor of this cheesecake are simply stellar. Very dense and rich without being heavy. Incredibly smooth and velvety. I added some chopped pecans to the crust and baked for a few minutes before adding the filling. I used homemade caramel sauce with a touch of bourbon for the topping.
I made this a year ago for my daughter's birthday. She saw the recipe on Food.com and requested it. I totally forgot to review it until now - a year later when she asked me to make it again for her birthday. Everyone loved it, I have a feeling it will be her chosen birthday cake for years to come.
Really good cheesecake. No complaints here :-) Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag!