Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
A great twist on an already great shortbread recipe!
- 1 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 -3 Toblerone chocolate bars
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and cornstarch gradually while beating continuously. Beat until light.
- Take one teaspoon of shortbread mixture and slightly flatten between palm of your hands.
- Place one triangle of Toblerone in the center of the shortbread and top with another slightly flattened teaspoon of shortbread mixture. Seal edges of cookie perimeter with fingers.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12-14 minutes.
Followed the recipe exactly and my cookies completely flattened out in the oven and the edges were burnt. I dropped them in generous blobs so it is not a question of them being too small. Hugely disappointing and a waste of ingredients.
My new favourite shortbread recipe!! I actually found this on the Kraft Canada web site. The only difference I made was to blend the sugar to a superfine texture. Very tender cookie with the surprise of Toblerone!
These are excellent! Definetely try them!