Recipe by dcrosgrey
A great twist on an already great shortbread recipe!
Top Review by Andrea M.
Followed the recipe exactly and my cookies completely flattened out in the oven and the edges were burnt. I dropped them in generous blobs so it is not a question of them being too small. Hugely disappointing and a waste of ingredients.
- 1 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 -3 Toblerone chocolate bars
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and cornstarch gradually while beating continuously. Beat until light.
- Take one teaspoon of shortbread mixture and slightly flatten between palm of your hands.
- Place one triangle of Toblerone in the center of the shortbread and top with another slightly flattened teaspoon of shortbread mixture. Seal edges of cookie perimeter with fingers.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12-14 minutes.