Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
fast and easy, make them big like a snowball, this is a family recipe.. Since my niece made this one up for Christmas baking, its a true Canadian recipe.
- 2 cups salted butter
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 250 g Toblerone chocolate bars, chopped
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Cream butter and icing sugar well together until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour and cornstarch and baking powder together and add into sugar mixture.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate toblerone candy bar.
- Blend all well.
- Roll into large cookie balls, about 2 inches.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
- Remove, cool, dredge in powdered sugar if desired.
I just received these from my annual Christmas Bake exchange. The only change in the recipe from the one I got was that my recipe called for 3 1/2 cups flour and only 1/2 cup cornstarch so I thought I'd just review this recipe instead of posting one so similar. I did not make these myself but I did sample them and they are so good!