Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Legend has it that the Tobler company invented fondue in the 1960s with this recipe. Try the one that started it all.
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 4 (3 1/3 ounce) Toblerone chocolate bars, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cognac or 1 tablespoon Frangelico
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate.
- Let stand long enough for the chocolate to begin to melt, about 3 minutes.
- Add the liqueur and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a ceramic fondue pot or chafing dish and keep warm.
- Serve with dipping ingredients such as pound cake, angel food cake, strawberries, sliced peaches, or bananas.
Hi hudeli, I have made this many times and every time it's better than the time before! I first made this 20 years ago, for my daughter's 16th birthday party. The cognac was negligible - you couldn't even taste it! Regardless it was wonderful - nice & creamy with that great nutty flavor. Thanks for posting, Diane :=)
All I can say is...YUMMMMMMM! Our whole family loved this. Thank you for sharing it!