Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 88.74 ml whipping cream
- 44.37 ml honey
- 198.44 g toblerone bittersweet chocolate (2 3.52-ounce bars) or 198.44 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 14.79 ml kirsch (clear cherry brandy)
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- fresh fruit (such as whole strawberries, 1-inch-thick slices peeled banana, peeled pear wedges and orange segment)
- Bring cream and honey to simmer in heavy medium saucepan.
- Add chocolate; whisk until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in kirsch and extract.
- Pour fondue into bowl; place on platter.
- Surround with fruit.
- Serve with skewers.
Delicious, rich, elegant, and decadent. Very easy to prepare with excellent, tasty results. This would be great to serve to dinner guests. We served this with sliced honeydew melon, banana, and whole strawberries. (see photo).
Delicious, elegant and very easy to make. Used semi-sweet chocolate and served it with whole strawberries and cantaloupe. Great recipe for entertaining, as it's a bit different and fast to put together. Highly recommended.
This fondue is outstanding!! I don't want to share it!!