Recipe by Julesong
Here's an experiment I'm having fun with - combining creamy creamcheese muffins with rich European Toblerone chocolate. Yum!
Top Review by dicentra
These didn't turn out quite as nice as I expected. The muffins themselves were a little heavy. My fault for overbeating the battter? The filling tasted fantastic, but was not very thicky. Hubby ate several - he liked them more than I did. Sorry!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 50 g swiss Toblerone chocolate bars or 50 g dark Toblerone chocolate bar, chopped into very small pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the filling ingredients with electric mixer; set aside.
- Oil the bottoms only of medium-sized muffin tins.
- Next, begin the batter mixture; beat eggs; stir in milk and oil, and set aside.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well blended.
- Pour batter liquids, all at one time, into the flour mixture and stir until moistened.
- Fill the muffin cups about 1/2 full with batter mixture, then spoon 2 teaspoons of filling onto the batter, then top with batter until the cup is 3/4 full.
- Bake muffins for 30 to 35 minutes; completed muffins should be light in color, not too dark.
- Roll the tops of the hot muffins in powdered sugar.
- Makes about 8 medium muffins, or 4 in large muffin tins.
- Other candies can be substituted for the Toblerone- experiment and enjoy!