Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is such a smooth and decadent mousse. This mousse is very rich and so very delicious.
- 125 g cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 200 g dark chocolate, melted
- 100 g toblerone chocolate, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brandy
- chocolate, and cream for decoration
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and cream until smooth.
- Add egg yolks, gelatine mixture and melted chocolate, mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks and gently fold into chocolate mixture with Toblerone, add brandy.
- Pour into small dishes and chill for 4 hours.
- Decorate with extra chocolate and cream if desired.
Wow!!! This mousse it sooo rich but sooo good. I made these to take to a family BBQ as a dessert, everyone thought they were delicious. Although we all got stuck into playing badminton afterwards, to relieve our guilty conscious and our rapidly expanding waste lines..lol I have never made mousse before and this was a very quick and easy recipe to make with great instructions for a novice mousse maker. I loved the little bits of toblerone in it and the mousse itself was super smooth. A winner for us Tisme, although totally sinful, totally worth the indulgence.. :)