Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Okay here it is, my personal favourite mousse. I made this for my husband on our second date. We were married 5 months later, easy and fantastic.
- 300 g Toblerone chocolate bars
- 300 ml thickened cream
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Melt in 30 second intervals and stir after each 30 seconds, even if it does not look like it needs it, give it a stir.
- Place cream in a large bowl and beat until thick and well beaten. Do not under beat as you need the weight of the thick cream to ensure a good mousse.
- Place 2 spoonfuls of cream into the melted chocolate, stir until incorporated.
- Pour all the chocolate mixture into the cream and gently fold through.
- Place spoonfuls into 6 small bowls or champagne glasses.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Top with a little extra cream and an additional toblerone triangle on each serving.
Delicious! I made this exactly as posted, and it was perfect, the whole family loved it! So quick and easy, but a very special dessert!
WOW! There is a saying "Way to a Man's Heart Really Through His Stomach'. My husband is a huge chocolate mousse fan, so I couldn't wait to try this recipe. It's so easy to make (only two ingredients) and the results were excellent. Great cheat recipe without doing too much work. I like the fact that I didn't even have to use egg whites (I don't eat eggs). I'm sure you could use any type of chocolate for this recipe, however the Toblerone really tasted nice. The only thing I notice from chocolate mousse that use egg whites and this chocolate mousse was it was thicker in texture, but the taste wasn't compromised. Thank you cookingpompom for posting your recipe.