Toblerone is a delicious chocolate candy bar made in Switzerland. It is made of Swiss chocolate, honey and almond nougat. The chocolate bars can usually be found at your local supermarket on the candy aisle, or at gourmet candy stores. Toblerone is available in both milk and dark chocolate bars. This is a delicious no bake recipe I found on the net. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 cup plain chocolate biscuit, crushed (chocolate wafer cookies)
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 500 g cream cheese, softened (two 8 oz. packages)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 200 g Toblerone chocolate bars, melted (approximately 8 ounces milk or dark chocolate)
- extra Toblerone chocolate bar, grated (milk or dark chocolate)
- confectioners' sugar
- Melt the 1/3 cup of butter.
- Crush chocolate biscuits into crumbs.
- Mix together the chocolate biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom of lightly greased 23cm (9-inch) springform pan. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Place the chocolate in a small saucepan or in the top of a double boiler on low heat (water in bottom of double boiler should be at a slow simmer) and melt the 200g (approximately 8 ounces) of toblerone, stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar, melted toblerone, and heavy cream to cream cheese and continue beating until thoroughly combined and very smooth.
- Remove cheesecake base from refrigerator and spoon mixture into base. Smooth top of cake with a metal spatula. Refrigerate (in pan) for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, remove cheesecake from refrigerator and release sides of springform pan. Place cheesecake on serving platter and garnish with the extra grated Toblerone chocolate and dust top with confectioners' sugar (optional).
- The longer you leave the cheesecake in the refrigerator, the firmer it will be; 12 hours or overnight is best.