Recipe by **Mandy**
I found this at a Kraft website & made it to give as token gifts for Xmas tied in cellophane bags. It's really lovely but quite sweet, next time I may try cutting the sugar down to 3/4 cup, I also used hazelnuts in place of almonds as that's what I had in the pantry, still tasted great.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'm a big fan of biscotti, but not as something to dunk (unless its in hot chocolate!), so I usually bake mine a little less so that they aren't crisp/dry! Made these that way, & they are definiely a great fix for the chocoholic in me & my other half! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #34]
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 g whole almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 100 g toblerone chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- BEAT together the sugar and eggs until pale and thick. Fold in the flour, baking powder, almonds and Toblerone until well combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- DIVIDE mixture in two and shape each into 30 × 5cm logs. Place on line baking trays and bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned and firm to touch. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- REDUCE oven to 150°C Using a serrated knife, cut the logs on the diagonal into 1cm slices, then lay them, cut side down, on the tray and bake for 10 minutes. Turn and bake a further 10 minutes. Cool completely then store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.