Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
another favorite of my four legged friend I give directions for people who do not have a dehydrator..they can use their ovens..otherwise..follow directions on your food dehydrator..
- Preheat oven to 120*.or lowest setting or use a dehydrater.(which is what I use).
- Combine all ingredients and mix well --
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil and spread the meat mixture on it.
- Using your hands, flatten the mixture to about 1/4" thick.
- Place the meat mixture in the oven and prop the oven door open a crack (use a wooden spoon, so the moisture can escape. (or follow the directions on your food dehydrator).
- Bake for aobut 2 hours or until meat is quite dry --
- Remove the meat from the oven and place another sheet of foil over it.
- Grasping both sheets of foil.flip the meat over and peel off the foil from the now top.
- Place the meat back in the over with the door propped open.and bake for another 1-2 hours.
- The meat will be red and dry, just like jerky -- .
This was so easy to make. Using the ground turkey versus the actual meat changes the texture a little. I had just recently tasted the new store bought turkey jekey and was anxious to try this recipe. I recommend that no one try to make a double recipe to cook at one time. I did, and the cook time took double the time. It still turned out pretty good. I will be letting others taste it soon. Thanks