Recipe by grandma2969
another favorite of my four legged friend I give directions for people who do not have a dehydrator..they can use their ovens..otherwise..follow directions on your food dehydrator..
Top Review by Concert Lady
This was so easy to make. Using the ground turkey versus the actual meat changes the texture a little. I had just recently tasted the new store bought turkey jekey and was anxious to try this recipe. I recommend that no one try to make a double recipe to cook at one time. I did, and the cook time took double the time. It still turned out pretty good. I will be letting others taste it soon. Thanks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 120*.or lowest setting or use a dehydrater.(which is what I use).
- Combine all ingredients and mix well --
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil and spread the meat mixture on it.
- Using your hands, flatten the mixture to about 1/4" thick.
- Place the meat mixture in the oven and prop the oven door open a crack (use a wooden spoon, so the moisture can escape. (or follow the directions on your food dehydrator).
- Bake for aobut 2 hours or until meat is quite dry --
- Remove the meat from the oven and place another sheet of foil over it.
- Grasping both sheets of foil.flip the meat over and peel off the foil from the now top.
- Place the meat back in the over with the door propped open.and bake for another 1-2 hours.
- The meat will be red and dry, just like jerky -- .