when you really want to spoil your "baby"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup carob chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Cream honey and shortening together -- mix well.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients and mix till well combined.
- 4Pour into a well greased 15x10 jelly roll pan and bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
- 5Cool in pan on wire rack till cool.
- 6to prepare FROSTING:.
- 7In a small mixer bowl, all all ingredients and beat till light and fluffy --
- 8Spread frosting over cooled brownies.
- 9Cut into 3" squares.
- 10Punch out a paw print on cardstock.(size you like) -- Hold pawprint carefully over each square and sprinkle with carob powder.
- 11Remove stencil.
- 12I chill these overnight in the refrigerator and then the next day wrap them in Glad non stick wrap or plastic wrap or waxed paper "bags"
- 13I usually share these with "neighbor" dogs.but I suppose you could freeze them for a short time.
- 14I have even sprinkles colored sugar or granulated beef sprinkles(the kind you use for broth) through the stencil -- Have lots of fun.
- 15I know this is more for us "people" but my cocker spaniel thinks he really deserves these -- .
Nutritional Facts for Tobey's Special Brownies..he's a Cocker Spaniel
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: