- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats, not instant
- 1⁄8 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, heaping
- 2 ounces carob chips, melted
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
Directions See How It's Made
- To melt carob chips, use a double boiler.I always use paramount crystals.it helps make carob chips, melted, smoother.I buy these online.but some candy or cake baking shops carry them.I use a couple of tbls.or 1/4 cup of paramount crystals to 2 cups of carob chips.
- Mix ingredients in large bowl --
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until blended.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Roll dough on a greased cookie sheet and cut into squares.1/2" thick.
- Bake at 300*.for 1 hour.