Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash cinnamon, Ground
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, Toasted, Broken
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter or 1⁄2 teaspoon margarine
- Stir together oats and 1 T warm water, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together 1/4 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and dash of salt.
- Stir egg yolk, oil, and milk into oat mixture; add to dry ingredients, stirring just til moistened.
- Fold in 5 TEASPOONS of the walnuts and the raisins.
- Line two 6-ounce custard cups with paper baking cups.
- Fill 2/3rds full.
- Combine 1 t flour, brown sugar, butter and remaining walnuts.
- Sprinkle atop muffins.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% of power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till done, rearranging once. (When done, surface may still appear moist, but a wooden pick inserted near the center should come out clean.) Remove from custard cups.
- Let stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.