Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These make a great lunch or snack. This recipe comes from Company's Coming "Kids Cook" series. They taste great!
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles (chopped)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (I use 2 Tbsp of chopped onion)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon salad dressing or 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 hot dog buns
- Combine the tuna, cheese, pickle and onion in a bowl and stir.
- Add the mustard and salad dressing.
- Open the hot dog buns and stuff with the tuna mixture.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool each sandwich slightly before unwrapping.
These were very tasty!!Great way to use up my hotdog buns. DH said it's a keeper. Thanks NS Cook!!
I am sick and needed something QUICK and EASY to make for myself and the 4 yr old. These fit the bill. I didnt have dill pickles so used a bit of sweet relish. My buns didnt become soggy and were nice and crisp. I might use some more mustard/mayo next time. Thanks for a kid friendly recipe:)
I've made these twice now and they're great - quick, easy, light & tasty. I used hamburger buns and added a little extra pickle, along with some salt & pepper. Bun has a tendency to dry out slightly, so don't skimp on the filling. Edit: I made these again today spreading a little mustard mayo on the inside of the top half of the bun. The filling stayed moist, and the bun didn't become soggy.