Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this recipe up at the ripe old age of 9. The cream cheese was a later addition at the ripe old age of 22 once I "discovered" it (never ate cream cheese growing up.)
- 2 slices bread (whole wheat, raisin, orange, country white, etc.)
- butter or margarine, for spreading
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (more or less 1/2 teaspoon) or 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened (warmed if you wish)
- 1 teaspoon honey, softened
- Butter the bread slices and sprinkle with the pumpkin pie spice. Toast or bake the bread until the top sizzles.
- Combine the cream cheese with the honey.
- Remove bread from toaster or oven and spread with the cream cheese mixture.
- Good with Tang or more Ovaltine, please.
- Don't clean up your mess in the kitchen.
Yummy! I made this slightly different as I don't have a toaster oven & didn't want to heat up the oven. I mixed the cream cheese, honey & spice, toasted my bread (whole wheat), spread a little butter on, then the cheese mixture. Very tasty! Oh, I used speculaas kruiden (a spice mix sent to me by a Dutch Zaar friend), which are cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, and white pepper. Thanks for posting your recipe cg!
I was given some pumpkin pie spice from a swap partner so thought I'd give this a go. I didn't butter the toast but spread it with cream cheese, then cinnamon honey & sprinkled pumpkin pie spice on top and then grilled (broiled)it until everything sort of melted together, yummy yummy toast. Thanks!