Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Delightful Pumpkin Waffles. Recipe from Taste of Home Oct/Nov 2008. Sent in by Brenda Ryan from Marshall Missouri.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
FOR MAPLE CRANBERRY BUTTER
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients until blended.
- Fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cranberries and syrup.
- Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a small mixing bowl, cool slightly.
- Beat in butter until blended.
- Serve waffles with cranberry butter and syrup if desired.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftover butter.
The pecans in this really is great! I had to bake in the waffle iron about 4 min. longer than my regular waffles, otherwise this was a nice change. This makes about 4 large waffles. Didn't get to try the maple butter, we had just made Pumpkin butter. Thanks for sharing this recipe!