Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy two-bite appetizers. I got this recipe from one of those Great American Brand Name cookbooks (I LOVE them!) but I changed it a little. Also, I'm not sure about cooking times; I don't really pay attention when I'm cooking. I was making these while I was writing this and I just tried a little mustard on some of them. It was pretty good; I bet dijon would be even better.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped (canned works, too, but it's not as good)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 36 rye cocktail bread or 36 pumpernickel cocktail bread
- Combine chicken, mayonnaise, cheese and green onion; mix lightly.
- Cover bread with mixture.
- Broil 5 minutes or until lightly browned (or cheese is melted).
- Serve hot.
Great appy....easy to make and yummy. I had everything on hand and this came together nicely. Thanks for sharing.