Recipe by internetnut
I found this recipe in Kraft Foods magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
Top Review by Starrynews
This is a nice, easy to prepare dip, and has a nice quick baking time. This has a fairly mild flavor, so we would probably add more hot pepper sauce next time. The contrast of salty bacon and sweet onion is very nice. We also preferred the dip with corn chips rather than crackers. Thanks for sharing! PARTY '11
- 2 medium sweet onions, finely chopped (2 cups)
- 8 ounces KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup kraft mayo real mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Oscar Mayer real bacon bits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- wheat thin snack cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix onions, cheddar cheese, mayo, bacon bits and hot pepper sauce until well blended.
- Spoon into lightly greased 1-quart baking dish or 9"-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve as a hot dip with crackers.
- Make Ahead: Dip can be assembled ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, uncover and bake as directed.