Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick, easy, juicy, and delicious low carb side option that Carm likes.
- 2 large ripe vine tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup newman's own light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- fresh basil
- Wash tomatoes.
- Slice tomatoes to desired thickness.
- Lay tomatoes on a sheet of foil or baking sheet and pour dressing evenly over them.
- Lightly salt and pepper tomatoes.
- Sprinkle fresh basil on tomatoes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on tomatoes.
- Heat in toaster oven at 300 degrees until cheese is melted. It should only be a few minutes.
I happen to love cooked tomatoes and also cheese of any kind, so I thought this was a great side for my supper. I did half recipe as it was just for me. I used Italian dressing as that's what I had open and I sliced the cheese from a block and just laid the slices on the top. It was yummy. Thank you for such a great idea and so easy.
Tasty! I used feta cheese instead of mozzarella and Italian dressing instead of balsamic. This would be excellent on toasted bread, as Happy Harry #2 suggests! Easy and enjoyable treat or side dish!
Oh yummy! Really enjoyed this! I used this to make an open-faced sandwich for lunch for a friend and myself. I lightly toasted two slices of wheat sourdough bread, then arranged as follows: 1. Lightly brush bread with dressing. 2. Arrange tomatoes on bread. Brush tomatoes with more dressing. 3. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper only and follow with whole fresh basil leaves. 4. Place sliced or shredded (I like sliced) on top. 5. Broil until cheese starts to get brown spots. Eat while still very warm. Just delish, thanks for posting.