Recipe by Carm'sLilCook
This is a quick, easy, juicy, and delicious low carb side option that Carm likes.
Top Review by Sheila in Canada
I happen to love cooked tomatoes and also cheese of any kind, so I thought this was a great side for my supper. I did half recipe as it was just for me. I used Italian dressing as that's what I had open and I sliced the cheese from a block and just laid the slices on the top. It was yummy. Thank you for such a great idea and so easy.
- 2 large ripe vine tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup newman's own light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash tomatoes.
- Slice tomatoes to desired thickness.
- Lay tomatoes on a sheet of foil or baking sheet and pour dressing evenly over them.
- Lightly salt and pepper tomatoes.
- Sprinkle fresh basil on tomatoes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on tomatoes.
- Heat in toaster oven at 300 degrees until cheese is melted. It should only be a few minutes.