Recipe by ChristinaV
Serve over rice and a vegetable for a great meal for two! Use the regular oven and broiler pan for more servings. (Garam Masala can be made with 2 parts ground coriander, 2 parts cumin, and 1 part cardamom or cinnamon)
- 3⁄4 lb salmon fillet
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup yogurt with all other ingredients except the salmon to make yogurt sauce.
- Reserve the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt in the refrigerator.
- Cut salmon fillet into large chunks.
- Place salmon on a deep plate and spread the yogurt sauce on top.
- Prod the salmon (gently) with a fork to get the sauce to penetrate the fish somewhat.
- Line toaster oven pan (be sure your pan is at least 1/2" deep) with aluminum foil and grease lightly with a cooking oil.
- Arrange salmon on the foil, keeping as much yogurt sauce stuck to it as possible. Top each piece with a little of the sauce, but the salmon should not be "swimming" in sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is done to your liking.
- Mix the reserved 1/2 cup plain yogurt with a dash of garam masala or cumin and serve with the salmon.