Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ridiciously easy, cheap and healthy. One ingredient! For some flavour I sometimes rub a clove of garlic on the bread before toasting or dust some grated Parmesan cheese on after toasting. Use your imagination.
- 2 slices bread, I prefer multi-grain for the texture
- garlic clove, if you wish (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Toast slices of bread until rather brown and firm.
- Place on cutting board and cut into about 1" x 1" squares.
- Toss in salad.
- Do not dress salad until ready to serve because otherwise the croutons will turn soggy.
i added garlic butter after being toasted. it melts right on. yummy
Quick and easy to make. I sprinkled the toast with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Delicious.
These were quick, easy and very flavorful! Thanks for a really great recipe!