Recipe by CCinSC
Just good old, stick-to-your-ribs, comfort food. You can substitute low/no fat versions of the soup and sour cream if you like.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Aunt Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 package Ritz cracker
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with salt and grill until no longer pink inside.
- You can slightly undercook the chicken as you will be baking it also.
- If you don't have Jane's salt you may substitute a similar coarse seasoned salt mixture.
- While the chicken is grilling, cook onion in olive oil until just tender.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place in 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Add onion, soups, sour cream and mix together.
- Crumble Ritz crackers into small bowl and stir in butter.
- This should resemble coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle crackers over the top of the chicken.
- Cook in 350º oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.