Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a great little appetizer recipe that my friend, Chris, gave me. She made them for a church function and many people left with the recipe. A serving platter of these and bruschetta would look very pretty together. The original recipe called for 36 slices of snack rye bread instead of the baguette bread. The prep. time does not include time to allow the zucchini to soak.
- 1 loaf baguette, thinly sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely shopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a bowl, toss the zucchini and salt. Let stand one hour. Rinse and drain, pressing out excess liquid.
- Add the next 8 ingredients to the zucchini and stir until combined.
- Spread a rounded teaspoonful of mixture on each slice of bread and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve hot.