Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Not just for breakfast! Adapted from a recipe in "Refresh" by Ruth Tal.
- 350 g extra firm tofu (well drained)
- 1 medium cooking onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 ml turmeric
- 2 ml dehydrated red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 15 ml nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices bread (I use 12 grain)
- In skillet with olive oil, place cooking onion on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add green bell pepper to onions, cook 5 more minutes on medium heat or until onions are translucent.
- Take onions and pepper off heat, allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked onion and pepper mixture, grated carrot and tofu. Tofu should have some lumps and bumps.
- Add turmeric, dehydrated red pepper flakes, garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt and nutritional yeast flakes.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Toast bread.
- While bread is toasting put the tofu mixture into the skillet on medium heat until toast is ready.
- Spoon tofu mixture onto toast.
- This recipe is great open-face as well.