Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
One of my favorite breakfast or brunch recipes. But, who says you can't have it for supper, lol.
Make and share this Toasted Western Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup ham, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 slices bread, toasted and buttered
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Saute peppers and onions in butter until tender.
- Add ham; heat through.
- Beat eggs, and seasonings together.
- Add cheese.
- Pour over ham mixture.
- Cook on low heat until almost set, lifting edges to let uncooked portion run underneath.
- Turn over and cook other side.
- Mix mayonnaise and horseradish together and spread on buttered toast.
- Turn egg onto prepared toast and enjoy.
These were good and easy to make. I must admit I didn't measure things. I just added peppers, onions, ham and cheese. I also made mine with three eggs. We topped our with some american cheese and we didn't use any mayo or horseradish. Everyone enjoyed these.