Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice hearty loaf. Great served warm.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Transfer to an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
This is an EASY WONDERFUL SOFT and SLIGHTLY SWEET bread! I used unbleached all-purpose flour and the whole wheat flour, 2T Splenda granular, 2T Splenda brown sugar blend, powdered egg replacer with 1/4 cup of water, 1 percent milk and Enova oil. I toasted my walnuts in the preheating oven while I made the batter. I baked it 40 minutes in a glass loaf pan. I tried this toasted and untoasted and I preferred it untoasted. Thanks for this KEEPER recipe! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
Very good quick bread, and it IS quick to mix up. I used Splenda for the sugar, 1/4 cup of egg white and walnut oil. I also added 1 tsp of cinnamon. This baked very well in 45 mins in a glass pan. I got a thin crispy crust and a lovely moist inside. I very much like the fact that it can be sliced on the thin side without crumbling. Love it!
I whipped a loaf of this bread and through it in the oven while preparing your delicious Texas Ranch Stew recipe#240698. It was realy good. Made it feel like a holiday or something. Thanks for sharing!