Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard, preferably a honey mustard
- 1 lb cooked turkey breast, sliced (roasted or smoked)
- 1 large green apple, such as granny smith,quartered,cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 1/2 lb.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter one side of 4 slices of bread and place them, buttered side down, on a baking sheet.
- Spread the mustard over the sliced bread.
- Divide the turkey breast evenly over the mustard and arrange the apple slices on top.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the apples.
- Butter the remaining 4 slices of bread and place them, buttered sides up, on the cheese, pressing lightly to compact the sandwiches.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turning once with a metal spatula, until the sandwiches are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- With a sharp knife, cut the sandwiches in half diagonally and serve immediately.