Recipe by gertc96
These are are wonderful comfort food that can be prepared for lunch or dinner with a side salad or soup...... The dressing gives this sandwich a kick and if you used sharp cheddar instead of regular it would be that much better...... I adapted this recipe from the Pillsbury 2008 Annual Recipes Cookbook
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 8 slices soft Italian bread (about 1/2 in. thick)
- 4 ounces deli turkey (shaved from deli)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and halved
- 4 slices tomatoes, halved
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- IN small bowl,mix mayonnaise and dressing.
- Spread on one side of each slice of bread.
- Top each of 4 bread slices with turkey, baconk, tomato,cheese and remaining bread slices, mayonnaise mixture side down.
- Spread butter on one side of each sandwich.
- In a 12 inches skillet, place sandwiches butter side down.
- Spread butter over top of each sandwich.
- Cover; cook over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn sandwiches; cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.