Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are are wonderful comfort food that can be prepared for lunch or dinner with a side salad or soup...... The dressing gives this sandwich a kick and if you used sharp cheddar instead of regular it would be that much better...... I adapted this recipe from the Pillsbury 2008 Annual Recipes Cookbook
- IN small bowl,mix mayonnaise and dressing.
- Spread on one side of each slice of bread.
- Top each of 4 bread slices with turkey, baconk, tomato,cheese and remaining bread slices, mayonnaise mixture side down.
- Spread butter on one side of each sandwich.
- In a 12 inches skillet, place sandwiches butter side down.
- Spread butter over top of each sandwich.
- Cover; cook over medium-low heat for 6-8 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Turn sandwiches; cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
I loved this spin on grilled sandwiches. It was so delicious! The ranch dressing gives it a bit of zip. It all made for a nice decadent treat. Thanks!
This is delicious, the ranch really gives it a nice zing. But with the cheese, mayo, bacon and ranch dressing it's a little on the greasy/heavy side. I think this would be great winter comfort food :) and I'm sure I'll be making it again!
This is a different twist-up to the traditional grill-cheese sammy. A great one that will be a keeper in this household as grill chesse is made at least once a week. I used American white and yellow for the cheese choice. I know I'll be trying sharp or any variety of kinds as they'd all work depending on your preferences. The tangyness of the mayo-blend is what's especially unique. Thanks for posting and glad I tagged for Photo-Tag~