Recipe by Debbwl
This warm toasted sandwich is a mix of warm melted cheese and tuna that derives its flavor from the chipotle pepper. Adjust the amount of peppers to your own heat preference. *The mayo on this recipe was edited on June 28, 2011 from 1 TBS to 1-3 TBS depending on taste.
Top Review by Susie D
While I enjoyed the spicy flavors & lower calorie options I felt the recipe needed more mayo to hold the mixture together. I made the sandwiches and wrapped individually in foil to pop in the oven. The buns were crisp & the center melted. I then added crisp lettuce & sliced tomatoes. Made for ZWT7.
- 6 ounces tuna in water
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 -2 chipotle pepper, minced
- 1 roasted garlic clove, minced
- 1 -3 tablespoon mayonnaise, depending on your taste
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 whole grain sandwich rolls
- 1⁄2 cup arugula
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat broiler.
- In bowl mix tuna, green onions, chipotle peppers, roasted garlic, mayonnaise, and cheese.
- Slice rolls in half-length wise and divide tuna mixture, being sure to spread out evenly.
- Broil 3 to 5 minutes. Cheese should be melted and edges of bread toasted.
- Put 1/4 cup arugula on two of the halves and top each with remaining two halves.
- Enjoy while still nice and warm.