Recipe by Soup Fly *
I just came up with this one night after discovering my fiance doesn't like tuna. I just had to try to convert him... and I did! I didn't measure, just kind of dumped stuff in, so I'm estimating on some measurements. Feel free to adjust mayo, breadcrumbs, etc. for desired texture. The quantity can be 2 BIG buns or 4 regular sandwiches.
- 1 (6 ounce) canof premium chunk tuna in water
- 1 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 1⁄8 cup onion, chopped finely (optional)
- 1 teaspoon tartar sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 -4 slices American cheese, 3/4 oz each,depending on size of sandwiches chosen (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except cheese) in small/medium mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Taste test for seasoning- make any adjustments and mix well.
- Spread on both sides of each bun.
- Put one slice of cheese on each sandwich.
- Place top bun back onto bottom bun (the cheese is in the middle this way!).
- Wrap each sandwich individually in aluminum foil and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- FYI: This is very cheesy, so you may want to use 1/2 slice per sandwich instead- or even ditch the cheese altogether- just a matter of preference.