Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A healthy, delicious morning cereal. I mix 1/4 cup of this cereal with a bowl of bran flakes, or a 1/2 strawberry yogurt, and sliced fruit for a quick and healthy breakfast
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix oats, wheat germ, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and almonds in a large bowl.
- Add oil and honey to the bowl and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour contents of bowl unto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Distribute contents on cookie sheet so that they cook evenly.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (until the oats and almonds appear golden), stirring well every 10 to 15 minutes (this ensures even baking).
- Once baked, remove cookie sheet from oven and let the oat mixture cool.
- Once sufficiently cooled stir in the dried fruit.
- Store the muesli in an airtight container for up to a month.
Thank you! I've been looking for a recipe to make the sort of muesli I buy in the supermarket. This one is quite close, unlike the others I've looked at, and it tastes very nice. I followed the recipe pretty closely this time, only using dried apple instead of apricot. (And I completely forgot about the sunflower seeds which I have!) I wondered about the wheat germ, and it is a strong flavor in this muesli. I know it's important from the nutritional aspect, but may try decreasing it a little next time. All in all, though, I'm very pleased with this recipe and very grateful to you for sharing it with us.
I've been looking for a good muesli cereal recipe for a while now. Very tasty! I had to change up the dried fruit based on what I had available, but that's no biggie. Also, for a little extra fun, I subbed 1/2 c each of rolled rye and rolled spelt for 1 c of the oats. Yum!
This is a great muesli recipe and very easy to make. Swapped sunflower oil for the canola oil because I don't use canola and this worked well.