Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My DH loves these sandwiches, try to cook the egg until just slightly soft so the the yolk runs when you bite into it! The amounts listed are only a guidline you may adjust to taste, I usually use 2 eggs for one sandwich, throw a couple slices of bacon or a pork breakfast patty on also, *SOOOO* good! :)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter (or to taste) or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine (or to taste)
- 1 -2 large egg (I use 2 eggs for one sandwich)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread or 2 slices white bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 slice American cheese
- Toast the 2 slices of bread.
- Butter one side of one piece of toast, then on the other slice spread with mayonnaise (use any amount of butter and mayo desired).
- Place 1 slice of cheese over either the buttererd side or the mayo side.
- Heat about 1-2 tablespoon butter into a skillet over medium heat.
- Break eggs into the skillet, then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover the skillet and cook eggs until cooked but leave the yolk semi-soft.
- Place the cooked egg/s over the cheese on the bread and top with the remaining slice of toast.
I make this all the time. Never thought of posting it. It's a good one. Justine
I have made these for years and still enjoy them! It's an old favorite breakfast idea that still is a winner.