Prep 6 mins
Cook 4 mins
Bring home the taste of Quiznos Steakhouse Dip Sandwich with my easy recipe. No-Cream Alfredo Sauce is used to make the "secret" sauce which gives the sandwich its satisfying and delicious taste. If you like Quiznos you'll like this!
Optional Au Jus Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
Secret Sandwich Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup prepared alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash onion salt or 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 loaf bakery French bread
- 3⁄4 lb thin-sliced deli roast beef
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Prepare the au jus dipping sauce: Melt butter in saucepan; saute onions until tender; add flour and stir; add contents of gravy mix packet then gradually whisk in water; allow to simmer while you make the sandwich.
- Prepare the "secret" sauce: Stir together alfredo sauce, mayonnaise, and your choice of onion salt or garlic salt; slice french bread with one horizontal slice to make a top and a bottom half; spread "secret" sauce evenly over both pieces of sliced bread.
- Place the prepared sandwich halves (open-faced) upon a baking sheet under the oven broiler for about 1 minute until the sauce is bubbly and the edges of the bread barely start to brown; remove from oven.
- Arrange thin sliced roast beef over both sandwich halves then sprinkle evenly with shredded cheeses; broil for another minute (still open-faced) until cheese is bubbly all over and starting to brown; remove from oven.
- Put sandwich halves together and return to oven to lightly toast (very, very briefly only) top and bottom of sandwich; remove from oven and slice sandwich into 5 even servings; provide 1/3 cup au jus with each serving.
- NOTE: I usually make this sandwich using one large loaf of bakery french bread ~ You could go with smaller baguette buns if you want yours to taste AND look like the Quiznos Steakhouse Dip Sandwich.
So simple and so delicious. This is a great sandwich.
This got a thumbs up from the 15 year old food critic at my house. I forgot to buy alfredo sauce, so we omitted the secret sauce, but he still gobbled up his sandwich and had leftovers for lunch the next day. Thanks for a great recipe.