1/2 Photos of Toasted Steakhouse Sandwich
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Optional Au Jus Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix
- 1 2/3 cups water
Secret Sandwich Sauce
- 1Prepare the au jus dipping sauce: Melt butter in saucepan; saute onions until tender; add flour and stir; add contents of gravy mix packet then gradually whisk in water; allow to simmer while you make the sandwich.
- 2Prepare the "secret" sauce: Stir together alfredo sauce, mayonnaise, and your choice of onion salt or garlic salt; slice french bread with one horizontal slice to make a top and a bottom half; spread "secret" sauce evenly over both pieces of sliced bread.
- 3Place the prepared sandwich halves (open-faced) upon a baking sheet under the oven broiler for about 1 minute until the sauce is bubbly and the edges of the bread barely start to brown; remove from oven.
- 4Arrange thin sliced roast beef over both sandwich halves then sprinkle evenly with shredded cheeses; broil for another minute (still open-faced) until cheese is bubbly all over and starting to brown; remove from oven.
- 5Put sandwich halves together and return to oven to lightly toast (very, very briefly only) top and bottom of sandwich; remove from oven and slice sandwich into 5 even servings; provide 1/3 cup au jus with each serving.
- 6NOTE: I usually make this sandwich using one large loaf of bakery french bread ~ You could go with smaller baguette buns if you want yours to taste AND look like the Quiznos Steakhouse Dip Sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Steakhouse Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 803.0
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.9 mg
- Sodium 2594.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend