Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Fine Cooking magazine. This recipe uses garam masala, which is different than most. Everyone in our house loves garam masala, but I never thought of using it on spiced nuts before. YUM!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs unsalted cashews (about 4 cups)
- 1 large egg white, beaten slightly
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Position oven rack to middle of oven and heat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the cashews with the egg white, coating the nuts evenly. Add remaining ingredients and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Spread the nuts on the baking sheet and roast, stirring every 5 minutes and breaking up clumps, until nicely browned, about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Break up any clumps again while the nuts are still warm.
- Cool and serve.